Thursday, September 2, 2010

Make it yourself Fabric flowers




I love this flowers and it's so easy to make them. I decided to show you in pictures how to do it yourself.

1. You need 2 pieces of fabric ( I prefer satin). The measurements can be different, I never cut the same pieces because I like different size. For the blue flower I cut 1 3 x 9 1/2 and 1 2 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches fabric.
2. Sew the right sides together, and after you are done turn each fabric inside out.

3. Now you need a needle and a tread, I got a white color only because it is easier for you to see what am I doing. Make it tight on the beginning and don't make a knot on the end becaus you will need to pull it in order to make the shape that we love.


On this photo you can see how it
looks after you pull the tread. After you do it secure it so it doesn't get loose. Repeat the same with the other fabric.



Now we have 2 flowers and they are so different, which is the best part.
4. You can sew them together or use a glue gun, your choice.
5. I prefer to glue something on the bottom because it looks better if you add a bobby pin or else it's easier to glue the element to the fabric and it's not a messy.
Hope you like it and if you have a question let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment